Are you thinking about
- Maintaining a healthy weight?
- Eating more healthily?
- Improving fitness?
- Stopping smoking?
- Reducing how much alcohol you drink?
- Feeling good about yourself?
If so contact your local Well-being Worker Charlotte Fletcher on 0800 085 2299
Many health conditions are linked to poor lifestyle choice.
Well-being workers help people to adopt a healthier life style. This includes:–
- Smoking – stop smoking
- Alcohol – reduce alcohol intake
- Exercise – become more active
- Health Eating – eat a balanced Diet
Well-being workers will:–
- Support and motivate you to a healthier lifestyle
- Provide you with information to help you make a choice
- Help you to access the right services to help you improve your health
- Work with you to draw up a personal health plan and support you to achieve your goal
A small change to your lifestyle can make a big difference.
Give it a go and feel the difference!
- Are people recruited from local areas that have an interest in health.
- Understand what it means to live and work within local communities.
- Are not here to advise but support local people with their lifestyle choice.
Well-being workers undertake a program of education and training to equip them with the knowledge and skills for the role.
Community Health Champions are volunteers for health working within local communities with Well-being workers to support other local people to access services.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer or would like more information about Well-being workers contact:
Community Voluntary Partners 01623 747147 or Health Improvement Team 01246 514052 / 514053