Objective of this Procedure
If a patient (or a person acting for or on behalf of them) is not satisfied with the services provided by the practice, whether medical or administrative, we will ensure that:
- That complaints are handled efficiently
- That complaints are fully investigated
- That complainants are treated with respect and courtesy
- That's complainants receive advice and assistance to understand the complaints procedure.
- Where possible the complainant will be given an explanation as to the reasons for the grievance occurring. The complainant will feel that they have been treated fairly and allowed to state their case in full, whether or not the problem can be resolved.
- Complainants receive a timely and appropriate response, are told the outcome of the investigation of their complaint; and what action is taken if necessary in the light of the outcome of a complaint.
How Complaints Can be Made
A complaint can be made orally, in writing or electronically. This can be done:
- Verbally, in person to any member of staff
- Verbally, via the telephone, to any member of staff. All telephone calls are recorded for training and monitoring purposes.
- In written form or email to any member of staff
- Indirectly through other agencies such as East Midlands Independent Complaints Advocacy Service (ICAS) or a Member of Parliament
The Practice has adopted the latest NHS guidance "The NHS Complaints Procedure (2009)" and a copy of this can be provided on request.
Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)
Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) is a confidential service that will:
- Help to resolve concerns quickly and efficiently, improving health services in the process
- Provide information to help make contact with the NHS, other care services and support agencies as easy as possible
- Act as a central contact point to enable patients and the public to access the complaints procedure and independent advice and support and advocacy
- Talk to you about opportunities for patient and public involvement within the NHS
Contact PALS at Bolsover Hospital, Welbeck Road, Bolsover, Chesterfield S44 6DH
Telephone: (01246) 562170