How do I order my Repeat Prescription?
- By telephoning the Medication Order Line
- 09:00 - 16:00 Monday to Friday
- 01246 588 860
- By ordering online via the link at the top of this page - you will need a logon (see below)
- By dropping the tear off slip from your prescription into the box at the reception of either Glapwell or Welbeck Road Health Centre
We do not take prescriptions over the main surgery phone numbers for the following reasons:
- To avoid mistakes
- To avoid blocking the phone lines when patients are trying to make appointments
- To make the staff more available to you in the surgery
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly saving you having to come down to the surgery.
To get your prescription sent to your chosen pharmacy you will have to ask reception to sign up.
For more information please click here.
Please allow 2 working days for us to arrange your repeat prescriptions.
Our opening times are:
- Welbeck Road Health Centre - 8am - 6:30pm, Monday - Friday
- Glapwell - 8am - 1:30pm, Mon - Friday
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.35
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £108.10
- 3-month PPC: £30.25
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.